Soroptimist International of South Perth (SISP) was formed in October 1998. Members are attracted by the opportunity to be of service to the local, national and international community. The collective talent, combined with the support and enthusiasm of club members, helps SISP to be a leading service organisation in our community.
Hear what we have to say https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHK3vLxhW04&feature=youtu.be
SISP supports the International and Federation of South West Pacific Projects.
In addition our community projects include:
- The School Packs Project
- Family Foundations Service
- Girls for Girls
- Sport and academic scholarships for local students
- Support for Starick services for women and children escaping family and domestic violence
- Women in Prisons Project
- Boronia Pre-Release Centre for Women
- Cancer Council Relay for Life
- Smith Family education scholarships
- Disaster relief fund
- Peduli Bali education scholarships for girls.
Local community service includes:
- South Perth Senior Citizens Centre
- City of South Perth Australia Day Celebration Zone
- Place of Reflection.
Soroptimist International of South Perth is the holder of a Charitable Collections Licence which entitles the club to raise money for charitable purposes under the Charitable Collections Act 1946.